Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Interesting Research: Institutions Still Lack SM Policies

I was just skimming through the social media news today in relation to healthcare and came across this research study. I find it interesting that the results show a lack of protocols and standards for medical professionals to follow when interacting online with patients. When I conducted my research in 2012 and 2013, we found the same thing. I cannot say I am shocked to see nothing has changed, however I am a little disappointing to learn that institutions still do not understand nor see the importance of establishing social media policies for healthcare professionals. Without them, the practitioners, organization and patients are all at risk. Anyway, here is the article is you would like to read it!


New study examines impact of social media on mental healthcare, treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment